Open ATC Display Development Environment
Integrated Development Environment for ATM & Airport Application GUI Development
ODS™ Open Platform for ATC Display Development
Every future air traffic Controller Working Position (CWP) must cope with a new multitude of factors such as operational concepts, applications, algorithms, and organizational and safety requirements creating an ever-changing system environment. The ODS™ Open Platform is an environment for the development of Human Machine Interfaces (HMI’s) for mission critical applications. It is particularly well suited for future CWPs developed for virtual center environments.
Operational Air Traffic Control References Using ODS™ Open Platform
Since 2013, ODS™ Open Platform has been used to develop and deploy operational air traffic controller working positions running safety critical queue management and demand prediction applications in the United Kingdom (Gatwick DMAN), Turkey (Istanbul AMAN-DMAN), China (Xi’an AMAN), Vietnam (Noi Bai and Cát Bi AMAN-DMAN), and Singapore (Changi PDS).
Best-In-Class SWIM Master Class Award Winner in 2013
In November 2013, the SESAR Joint Undertaking awarded Harris Orthogon the Best-In-Class SWIM Master Class award in the “Application” Category. The Harris application displayed real-time arrival sequences calculated by the ORTHOGON Arrival Manager at Heathrow Airport using a System-Wide Information Management (SWIM) platform.
- Open Software Architecture: user interface and system interfaces can evolve independently of each other
- Open Application Interfaces: plug-in technology and open programming interfaces ensure interoperability
- Enterprise Module Repository: enable sharing of plug-in modules between different applications and across an enterprise development team
- Operating System Independent: platform independent due to Java implementation
- High Performance Application Environment: optimizes use of multi-core CPU’s
- Lowers Total Cost of Ownership: ready-to-use modules, automated functions, open interfaces, and automated regression testing results in lower life-cycle costs
- Quality and Safety Critical Applications: supports quality and safety regime from prototyping to operation.
- Parallel Development Workflows: allows collaboration across software development team to create and maintain consistent, appealing user interfaces.
- Development Flexibility: the platform architecture ensures lifelong flexibility for constantly changing environments all the time.
- Automatic regressions tests: reduces time and cost of manual tests.
- Combines high performance with platform independence as built with pure Java.